Sherese Francis is a southeast Queens-based poet, speculative fiction writer, blogger, workshop facilitator, and literary curator. She has published and will publish work in journals and anthologies including The Pierian Literary Review, Bone Bouquet, African Voices, Newtown Literary, Blackberry Magazine, Kalyani Magazine, and Near Kin: A Collection of Words and Arts Inspired by Octavia Butler. Additionally, she has published two chapbooks,Lucy’s Bone Scrolls and Variations on Sett/ling Seed/ling. Her current projects include her Afrofuturism-inspired blog, Futuristically Ancient; and her southeast Queens based popup bookshop/mobile library project, J. Expressions. For J. Expressions, she received a 2017 Queens Council on the Arts grant to do the Reading (W)Riting Remedy series, and was a finalist for the Honey & Wax Book Collecting Prize and Queens Soup.
Apex Magazine Ko-fi
$4 funds 50 words of Apex Magazine fiction!
- Welcome to Your Authentic Indian Experience™ (77,951)
- A Witch’s Guide to Escape: A Practical Compendium of… (33,158)
- Mr. Death (20,657)
- If You Were a Dinosaur, My Love (16,101)
- Writing About Rape (14,842)
- Jackalope Wives (14,436)
- each thing i show you is a piece of my death (10,279)
- Simon’s Replica (8,912)
- O2 Arena (8,683)
- An Exploration of Racism in Heart of Darkness (8,651)
© 2022 Apex Publications, LLC