Something unusual and incredible happened yesterday. We were funded in a little over 5 hours. I’m blown away by your enthusiasm for Apex Magazine. I think our managing editor Lesley Conner needed smelling salts after we hit our target funding so quickly! We are currently sitting at $10,935, meaning that issues 121 and 122 are in the bag.
EVERYBODY RECEIVES BONUS GOODIES!
Let’s talk about what EVERYONE who backs our relaunch will be receiving from our milestone goals.
- All donors receive an eBook copy of Apex Magazine Issue #1. See where it all began!
- All donors receive an eBook copy of Apex Magazine Issue #18 (an Islamic SF themed issue edited by Catherynne M. Valente)
- All donors receive an eBook copy of Apex Magazine Issue #99 (an issue celebrating Indigenous American fantasists)
- All donors receive an eBook copy of Apex Magazine Issue #100 (a double issue and a taste of what futures issues will be like)
- All backers receive the eBook edition of The Best of Apex Magazine anthology!
- Original story by Maurice Broaddus to be included in a bonus mini-issue of Apex Magazine
- An Interview with Maurice Broaddus
Milestone rewards will be sent our around October. We’ll need time to edit and build the mini-issue.
LOOKING AHEAD AT MORE MILESTONE REWARDS AND STRETCH GOALS
Looking forward, there are two milestone goals that are very reachable. At $12,000 we will include an original story by Beth Dawkins in our mini-issue. When we hit $14,000, we will also throw in an interview with Beth. We have a large list of incredible stretch goals. Next up is $11,250 which will guarantee publication of issue 123. Then $15,000 for guaranteed publication of issue 124.
We had a few questions regarding add-ons from backers about add-ons. While we encourage you to go ahead and include the costs of your add-on purchases to your pledge, you will have an opportunity to buy pins, ribbons, and subscriptions when we send out the backer surveys. Remember, though, money collected during the backer surveys doesn’t count toward our milestones and stretch goals.
SUBMISSIONS ARE OPEN
As promised, once we hit our funding goal we would open issues 121 and 122 to submissions. Writers, send us your very best! Visit our submissions page to read the latest guidelines and for a link to our submissions account.
If you have questions hit us up via the comments section here or @apexmag over on Twitter.